Friday, October 26, 2012

It's Time for C++...


Hey guys,

Here we are again. Today I'm gonna post a C++ Beginners' Tutorial. Don't worry, I'll continue my PHP Lessons and Computer Vision Tutorials in my next articles. I haven't forgot that. :)

As you know C++ is a very common, widely used popular programming language. So I thought it might be great to post some C++ tutorials here. I hope to post some tutorials in game programming in C++. But I'm not quite sure yet cause I'm still new to there and I hope I will be able to post game programming tutorials in later posts. But before that we should learn the basics.

Do you know the original name of C++?
Originally C++ called as C with Classes. But later It called as C++. As many of you know, when we want to increase the value of a variable by 1 in programming, we always use ++ after the variable name.
Eg: x++;
And that's how C++ got its name. :)
It means  One better than C

So now you know how it got its name. And I'm not going to tell another boring details. Let's get to work right away.

First you need to download your C++ Compiler.
I'll be using MinGW
You can download it from here : http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/latest/download?source=files

Of course you can use Microsoft Visual C++, But I recommend you to use MinGW. But later you can switch to Visual C++. It's not a problem. But as you learn I think it's better to code in plain notepad. :)

(For Windows 7 Users)
After you install MinGW right click on My Computer and select Properties. Then select Advanced System Settings from the left hand side. Then select Advanced tab and click on the Environmental Variables button.



Follow the details in the image. Yeeee!!! Now you are ready to start programming in C++.

See you on next post. :))


No comments:

Post a Comment